DC Statehood activists are planning a major advocacy push at the DNC Winter Meeting, which takes place later this week at the Marriott Marquis (901 Massachusetts Avenue NW), and urgently need volunteers to help.
The specific schedule is changing rapidly, but here is what’s planned as of publication of this edition of the Ward 6 Dems newsletter:
Thursday, Feb. 14:
- 1:30-3:00 p.m.: Resolutions Committee. We will be introducing a DC Statehood resolution and could use Statehood supporters in the audience.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Statehood Happy Hour. In Marriott Marquis Lobby Bar, following the Women's Caucus meeting. We’ll provide Statehood t-shirts and swag to celebrate.
Friday, Feb. 15:
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.: DNC Welcome Reception. We will have a Statehood table for which we’ll need volunteers, who will be there to answer questions and talk with attendees about why Statehood matters.
Saturday, Feb. 16:
- 10:00-11:30 a.m.: Regional Caucus meetings. Volunteers will be collaborating with the Statehood Coalition to target uncommitted Democrats and showcase state delegation members who have already signed on to support making DC the 51ststate. This effort was very successful last year.
- 12:00-3:00 p.m.: DNC Plenary / General Session. We have *50 seats* reserved for DC Statehood advocates, so we need volunteers to show up and fill them.
Find out the latest on where DC Statehood advocates need help or sign up for one or more of these efforts at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8Y_jXBVdf_FwnASizENxAuBpNCUfVh_ciZ89IaYNbR63T8g/viewform.