At our February meeting (Saturday, Feb. 2), your Ward 6 Democrats officers approved our committee structure for 2019. We’ll have five committees, each with its own coordinator, focused on:
- Outreach: our website, this newsletter, our social media accounts (coordinator: Anita Cafiero)
- Events: Ward 6 Matters panels, Ward 6 Democrats salons, happy hours (coordinator: Ethan VanNess)
- Fundraising (coordinator: Marci Hilt, our treasurer)
- GOTV/Voter Education: DC voter registration and education, working with outside groups like Indivisible and Swing Left on races outside DC (coordinator: Andria Thomas)
- Organizational Capacity: governance, working with the other seven wards’ Democratic party organizations, working with the DC Democratic State Committee (coordinator: Chuck Burger, our president)
We will also have a special ad hoc committee to plan for the 2019-2020 celebration of the centennial of women’s suffrage (see our call for volunteers for that group below).
We’re excited about this new structure, which we think will help us accomplish our mission more effectively, better organize our activities, and provide more clear and compelling opportunities to volunteer.