Thanks to everyone who took the time to provide your thoughts in our membership survey this month!
What does this mean for our actions in 2018? We are still parsing the results, but at a minimum we will be considering ways to improve our communications to you, and expand and diversify how we engage our members through events. If you have ideas – and energy – to help us, please let us know. You can get added to our list of volunteers by signing up at http://www.ward6dems.org/join_us
One key piece of feedback was wanting to see more partnerships, and events that support national elections as well as DC issues. We have done just that. See our regular “Volunteer Opportunities” and “Ward 6 Dems Events” newsletter sections for more.
We had 138 people who responded to our recent member survey. The full results will be up on our website shortly, but we wanted to share a few highlights:
- The most requested areas of engagement for 2018 were local advocacy and federal elections:
- 76% of respondents want the Ward 6 Dems to partner with non-profits, political campaigns and advocacy organizations in support of issues such as affordable housing, education and fair elections. The most popular options cited? Indivisible and HandsOffDC.
- 69% of respondents would like Ward 6 Dems to support Democratic efforts in federal elections in VA and MD
- The most requested activities for the Ward 6 Dems to plan were:
- Listening forums, such as a “State of the Ward” presentation (49%)
- Activist opportunities, such as canvassing or voter registration (42%)
- Educational engagement, such as a political training (41%)
- Respondents said they will be most likely to attend planned events if those events are more relevant and accessible:
- 55% of respondents would attend events on “issues I care about”
- 33% of respondents requested better marketing
- 33% of respondents requested remote connection options
- We also provided an open comment box for respondents to share their top priorities for 2018. Those were split between local issues – particularly affordable housing and DC Statehood – and supporting national candidates for the 2018 mid-terms. Respondents also want the Ward 6 Dems to organize, grow, communicate and be more present.