Happy New Year!
Your officers recently met to plan for 2019, and we have some exciting events on tap for you this year:
- Quarterly Ward 6 Matters panel discussions (in collaboration with the Hill Rag)
- Ward 6 Democrats Salons (NEW event)
- Events related to the celebration of the centennial of women’s suffrage (in collaboration with the National Woman’s Party and the Belmont-Paul Women’s Equality National Monument)
- Periodic Ward 6 Dems happy hours (in collaboration with Mr. Henry’s)
- Get Out the Vote (GOTV) efforts for the 2019 Virginia state elections (in collaboration with DC’s local Indivisible groups and Swing Left)
- Providing regular updates on the DC Statehoood movement and sharing actions you can take to help DC become the 51ststate
We’ll need your support for these efforts to be successful.
Volunteers: We’ll continue to list at least one volunteer activity in each issue of this newsletter, but particularly as we get into election season this summer, we often have “rush” volunteer requests that are shared via a Google group. Not sure if you’re subscribed? Email Elizabeth Engel, our volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll get you signed up if you’re not already a member.
Donations: We do not charge a membership fee, and we’re entirely volunteer run, but efforts like producing this newsletter, hosting our website, writing postcards to voters in Virginia, providing noshes at our happy hours, and advertising the Ward 6 Matters panels require funds. Monthly donations – even small ones of $5 or $10 a month – are the most helpful for us, because we can then plan expenditures knowing how much money we have coming in. Please donate today at https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wardsixdems to help us achieve our mission of encouraging political activity among Democrats in Ward 6, improving the quality of life in our community, and building the party in 2019 and beyond.
Whether you’re able to volunteer, donate, or just participate in our events in 2019, we hope to see you soon.
President, Ward 6 Democrats
We need your support to continue with voter contact activities and political education forums as we prepare for the midterm elections. Our goal is modest. We need to raise $5,000 in 2018. Your donation of $25, $50, $100, $200, or whatever you can afford, will contribute to candidate forums, party-building events, political education programs and strengthening partnerships with like-minded advocacy organizations. Paid for by Ward 6 Democrats, P.O. Box15634, Washington, DC 20003, Marci Hilt, Treasurer. A copy of our financial report is on file with the Office of Campaign Finance. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal or District of Columbia income tax purposes.