With the unhoused population of DC experiencing significant vulnerability during the COVID-19 pandemic and with temperatures dropping as we move into the winter months, the Executive Committee of the Ward 6 Democrats agreed to sign onto a letter calling for Mayor Bowser and the DC Council to take action.
Solutions urged within the letter include:
- Implement the Vacant to Virus Reduction Plan
- Stop encampment destruction
- Provide more rent subsidies
- Provide personal property storage
- Provide for basic hygienic needs of the unhoused
- Provide for basic medical needs
No human being in Washington, D.C. should be unhoused. Every person deserves a safe place to call home.
You can read the full letter to the Mayor and Council at this link.