- Statehood/DC Affairs: We will support Democratic candidates who have confirmed they support DC Statehood. We will work to defeat Republican candidates who support congressional interference in DC affairs. #HandsOffDC
- Proximity: We will work in districts geographically close to DC.
- Impact: We will work in districts that stand a good chance of being one of the 23 seats we need to flip the House this November. We want our contribution to impact the composition of the House of Representatives.
- Leslie Cockburn (VA-5) - every weekend in Warrenton, VA (with SwingLeft)
- Abigail Spanberger (VA-7) - every Saturday in Culpeper, VA (with SwingLeft)
- Jennifer Wexton (VA-10) - every weekend in Chantilly, VA
Join your Ward 6 neighbors and write postcards to inconsistent Democratic voters in one of our four targeted Virginia swing districts, urging them to make a voting plan and reminding them of the issues. These events are kid-friendly, social, and an easy way to participate if you can't do canvassing.
We provide: postcards, stamps, talking points, pens, stickers, and voter addresses. And snacks.
You bring: energy to elect Democrats, legible writing, creative ways to say “time to get out and vote!”, and donations (if you can).
|Candidate||District||Position on DC Statehood||Notes|
VA-7 (R+6, now tossup)
District currently represented by Dave Brat (R) who famously avoided constituents asking about his health care vote
From Manassas to Danville; includes Charlottesville
|CONFIRMED SUPPORT||District currently represented by Tom Garrett (R, resigning) who sponsored bill to repeal DC gun laws.|
Fairfax suburbs, Loudon, Frederick
Wexton beat five other Democrats in primary
Chesapeake Bay, VA Beach, Williamsburg
Know of other GOTV opportunities to share with your Ward 6 neighbors? Email Andria Thomas at email@example.com.