It take about 5-10 minutes to complete your 2020 Census questionnaire online. Donald Trump is attempting to dramatically shorten the time frame for the door-to-door visits by Census enumerators, so it's particularly important that we all complete our questionnaires online ASAP at https://my2020census.gov. Trump is trying to stop the count as of September 30, 2020, in just over two weeks, so time is running out.
Why does the Census matter?
- The federal government distributes over $6 billion annually to the District to support vital programs based on census data.
- Census data is used to update Ward and ANC boundaries to reflect population growth and movement across the District.
- District agencies rely on accurate census data for budgeting, planning, and policy decision-making across the city.
- Residents use the census to support community initiatives involving legislation, quality-of-life, and consumer advocacy.
- Businesses use census data to decide where to build offices and stores, creating jobs in our community.
An undercount would have serious consequences for our city, denying us more than $8,000 federal funds to which we are entitled for EACH PERSON who's not counted (source: George Washington Institute of Public Policy). Those funds support everything from programs for children to infrastructure improvements.