It take about 5-10 minutes to complete your 2020 Census questionnaire online. Completing the questionnaire online means that Census enumerators - many of whom are our neighbors, doing temporary work - do not have to visit your house to interview you, which keeps us all safe. Donald Trump is trying to dramatically shorten the time frame for the door-to-door visits by Census enumerators, so it's particularly important that will all complete our questionnaires online ASAP at https://my2020census.gov.
Why does the Census matter?
- The federal government distributes over $6 billion annually to the District to support vital programs based on census data.
- Census data is used to update Ward and ANC boundaries to reflect population growth and movement across the District.
- District agencies rely on accurate census data for budgeting, planning, and policy decision-making across the city.
- Residents use the census to support community initiatives involving legislation, quality-of-life, and consumer advocacy.
- Businesses use census data to decide where to build offices and stores, creating jobs in our community.
An undercount would have serious consequences for our city, denying us federal funds to which we are entitled that support everything from programs for children to infrastructure improvements.