Another good way to use your time while staying at home and physical distancing is to complete your 2020 Census questionnaire.
Why does the Census matter?
- The federal government distributes over $6 billion annually to the District to support vital programs based on census data.
- Census data is used to update Ward and ANC boundaries to reflect population growth and movement across the District.
- District agencies rely on accurate census data for budgeting, planning, and policy decision-making across the city.
- Residents use the census to support community initiatives involving legislation, quality-of-life, and consumer advocacy.
- Businesses use census data to decide where to build offices and stores, creating jobs in our community.
It take about 5-10 minutes to complete your 2020 Census questionnaire online. Completing the questionnaire online means that Census enumerators - many of whom are our neighbors, doing temporary work - do not have to visit your house to interview you, which keeps us all safe. Complete your questionnaire today at https://my2020census.gov.