The horrific attack on the Capitol of January 6 has brought new focus to the need for DC Statehood, not only within our local area, but across the nation. Our fellow Americans were able to see the impact of our lack of equal representation and self-determination on their own TV screens as they watched right-wing insurrectionists seize control of the US Capitol building, with DC local government and law enforcement limited in their ability to protect DC residents.
NOW is the time to get involved to support the DC Statehood movement:
- Want to show your support publicly? Request your yard sign by contacting Andria.
- Do you have connections in Arizona, Maine, or West Virginia? Help advocate to get Senators Joe Manchin (WV), Angus King (ME), Kyrsten Sinema (AZ), and Mark Kelly (AZ) on the record supporting DC Statehood by contacting Emily.
- Do you have connections in DC's business or nonprofit communities? Help advocate to get local businesses and nonprofits to publicly support of DC Statehood by contacting Emily.
- Do you have connections with state-level elected officials, particularly in New Jersey or Virginia? Help advocate to get them on the record supporting DC Statehood by contacting Noah.
- Join the 51st State Virtual Inauguration Celebration, Friday, January 22 - details and RSVP here.
- Mark your calendar for the next DC Democratic State Committee Statehood Committee meeting, Wednesday, February 10 - details and RSVP here.